Thursday, March 17, 2011

His Mysterious Ways

by Diane Forrest, RN


Sixteen years ago when I met my husband, he worked for Coca Cola.  5 months after we got married he was injured on the job and he was paralyzed.  Being a nurse, I stayed home to take care of him.  He became bedridden 3 years ago and without warning became septic and died in less than 24 hours.

Before my husband died he promised to always watch over me. Two weeks after he passed away, my sewage line collapsed...the day before Thanksgiving. While I was watching the plumbers dig up my whole front yard looking for the septic line I  wondered what else could happen.  Then they struck something in the ground about 4 feet down. When they jumped into the hole to see what it was they discovered a coke bottle. If that wasn't sign enough that he was there with me, on the bottom of the bottle was printed, McComb, MS. 

This is the city where he was born and lived most of his life, and where he bottled coke until they closed the bottling plant! I have no doubts that he is with me, and is watching over me just as he promised.


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to know that we are being watched over by our loved ones from beyond? I read a book yesterday called,"Heaven Is For Real." It's the story of a three year old boy who died and "sat in Jesus lap for three minutes" during a surgery to remove his appendix which had ruptured the week before and was filling his body with poisons. The little boy survived and over the course of the next year shared his journey to heaven with his family where he met his great-grandfather, Jesus, God, Gabriel, and his sister who had died in the early months of her mother's pregnacy several years earlier. It is such an honest story, "out of the mouths of babes." He tells, so honestly, so truthfully--just like a child, about Jesus holding him while he watched his mother talking on the telephone and praying and his father in the room all by himself being angry at God.

    I am so grateful for stories like yours and his as a reminder that our loved ones may leave us in the realm that we currently live in but that does not mean that they have left us. We just have to change the way in which we "listen" to them.

    Thanks!

    Thanks for your story!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...