Saturday, October 15, 2011

Remembering my Dad

By Akindman,


Today would have been Dad's 86th birthday - as usual, I will celebrate this day with fond memories of all those wonderful things we shared, lessons learned, doing things together, like playing cards and fishing - but most of all - I miss our Tuesday evening phone calls..

He is still with me in spirit each day - sometimes I believe that I am seeing things through his eyes.  

I seldom miss an opportunity to tell my children and grandchildren about him and some of those interesting and fun things we did and life's lessons  - as it should be.

His path in life was not an easy one by any means - yet his dedication to his family, friends, co-workers, and community were steadfast.  He led by example - he would help you learn new skills, coach and encourage you to do new and different things.  I write that with a smile - his lesson about swimming - was to tossed us into the lake.  Yep, that's right - and yes we all made it back to the pier. Afterwards, he did help us learn how to swim freestyle, dog-paddle, and to tread water.




Happy Birthday Dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...