Thursday, January 26, 2012

International Quality of Life Month


(Google Image) 

By Diane Forrest, RN, Caregiver

There is a saying, I complained because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.  That tells me that no matter how bad you have it, things could be worse.  At times my husband would become depressed over his situation.  He was hurt on the job, paralyzed, then later bedridden.  That was enough to depress anyone, and it was a constant struggle to give him a positive outlook.  I had to remind him that he had a home, with a roof over his head, friends and family to talk to, and all the television channels that the cable company provided.  Our life was not great, but it wasn't the worst either, it just depends on how you few things.

(Google Image) 
Today is International Quality of Life Month.  There are many factors used to determine your quality of life.  These include:

  • Healthiness
  • Family life
  • Community life
  • Material well being
  • Political stability and security
  • Climate and geography
  • Job security
  • Political freedom
  • Gender equality


This month, take a look at your life, and the things around you and determine how your quality of life is, ways you can make it better, and make a change.  Only you have the power to change your life to live it to the fullest. 

(Google Image) 


(Google Image) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...