Monday, January 30, 2012

National Brandy Alexander Day


(Google Image) 

By Diane Forrest,

If you are visiting our site for the first time today, you may not know of my affection for chocolate.  We have covered so many things chocolate, from ants to éclairs and everything in between.  Of course I do extensive testing to make sure you have the most up to date information possible.  Today I have discovered a new treat with chocolate.  It is a drink called Brandy Alexander.
(Google Image) 
A Brandy Alexander was first invented in 1922 for the wedding celebration of Princess Mary and Lord Lassalle’s in London.  It was a sensation, and it wasn't too long before it became a household name...or should I say drink.  In fact, on the Mary Tyler Moore show, Mary Richards asked for one during her job interview.
(Google Image) 
I'm pretty sure the boss wouldn't want me drinking on the job, so I will have to give this one a try later, since today is National Brandy Alexander day, why don't you try one too?  The easy recipe is listed below.

Brandy Alexander

1 1/2 oz brandy
1 oz dark creme de cacao
1 oz half-and-half
1/4 tspgrated nutmeg

In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine the brandy, crème de cacao, and half-and-half. Shake well. Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with the nutmeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...