Friday, January 20, 2012

National Popcorn Day


Big Brown Bag
(Google Image) 

 By Akindman,

I do not recall the first time popcorn was introduced to me – but know full well that it’s an excellent snack that is enjoyed most anytime.  Campfires, stovetop cooking, air poppers, Popcorn Machines, and microwave all have their advantages.  I do remember Mom and Dad popping full grocery paper bags full when we went to the Drive-In.  Those were special times for our family.
(Google Image) 

In the mid-1980’s there was a movie starring Val Kilmer, Real Genius, where Popcorn was put to another use.

Popcorn has been around for centuries. It is one of six main varieties of corn. Popcorn originated in Mexico, but eventually made its way north. In 1948, archaeologists in the state of New Mexico discovered ancient popcorn ears that were at least 5,600 years old! The Native Americans (in both North and South America) popped their corn by throwing it on hot stones over a fire.

(Google Image) 

(Google Image) 

(Google Image) 

(Google Image) 

(Google Image) 

(Google Image) 

(Google Image) 
Well this article is a day late in posting - seems a visit to the emergency room and subsequent  gallbladder removal too a higher priority - and on my birthday no less.  I was in great hands throughout the day and night, and my loving (nurse) wife is taking good care of me now.  So I'll continue working on getting articles ready and post over the next few days while in recovery.  Many thanks for visiting and wishing all the very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...