Friday, January 27, 2012

Pancakes with Blueberries – Yum



They look wonderful
(Google Image)
By Akindman,

It’s National Blueberry Pancake Day! Blueberry pancakes are a wonderful treat to enjoy anytime of the day. They are nutritious enough to eat for breakfast, tasty enough for a mid-day snack, and easy enough to make for dinner.  This is one of my favorite meals that I try to have a couple times a month.  Along with couple of egg whites, crispy bacon with a little butter and maple syrup.  I just might have that for breakfast this Saturday morning – both because it is good for me and to help celebrate this special day.
Are you ready to dig in?
(Google Image)
To make blueberry pancakes, mix up a batch of your favorite plain pancake batter. Wash the blueberries, pat them dry, and keep them in a separate bowl. Once you've poured the batter onto the griddle, drop a few blueberries on top. This will ensure that your blueberries aren’t bruised during the cooking process and will be perfect bursts of flavor when you bite into your pancake.

Heart Healthy
(Google Image)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...