Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mend a Broken Heart


(Google Image) 

By Diane Forrest,

“And how can you mend a broken heart?
How can you stop the rain from falling down?
Tell me how can you stop the sun from shining
What makes the world go round?”

This verse is from a 1971 song by the Bee Gees asking the question how can you mend a broken heart?  It is a good probability that anyone who has been in love has had a broken heart, and even broken a heart or two.  There are plenty of clichés' out there such as "If you fall off the horse, just get right back on", and "There is plenty more fish in the sea", and “it is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all", but these offer little comfort when you are the one with the heartbreak.
(Google Image) 
There are many things that can cause heartbreak.  The break up of a relationship, a divorce, a death, estrangement with a family member, even the loss of a pet.  When my husband's beloved dash hound had to be put down it broke his heart, he cried for a week, and that broke my heart, watching him grieve.  It was easier to replace a lost pet, even though he missed his dog, the new puppy helped to ease the pain.  It is not as easy to replace a lost relationship.

Belief.net offers 12 ways to mend a broken heart.  They include:
  • Go through it, not around it.
  • Stand on your own.
  • Detach.
  • List your strengths.
  • Allow some fantasizing.
  • Help someone else.
  • Laugh. And cry.
  • Make a good and bad list.
  • Work it out.
  • Create a new world.
  • Find hope.
  • Love deeply. Again and again.

(Google Image) 
Mending a broken heart takes time, don't expect an overnight recovery, there is a grief process to go through, and each person goes through each stage at their own pace.  The important thing to remember is that in time, you will recover.  Today is Mend a broken heart day.  If you are trying to recover from a break up, or know someone who is, check out this site for more information about healing.

http://www.mendyourbrokenheart.com/   Remember, you are not alone.

2 comments:

  1. I want to say thank you to Madu Temple for all the good things they have done for me,Though am not sure if this is the best forum to post this but i cant hide my happiness and my Joy so i have to share it with people my marriage got crashed about two years ago and tried all i could within my power but to no avail i saw a post and testimonial about the good things Madu Temple has been doing to help relationships so i decided to give it a trial though they are always busy but when i got a response back to my e mail, they gave me 5 to 6 hours for my marriage to be restored i am happy since then and i am living happily again i am so grateful Madu Temple you can always e mail them here: maduutemple@gmail.com .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to thank Dr.Agbazara for his job in my family, this is man who left me and the kids for another woman without any good reasons, i was pain and confuse,till one day when i was browsing through the internet with my computer then i saw Dr.Agbazara contact, then i contaced him and he help me cast a reunion spell, since I then the situation has changed, everything is moving well, my husband who left me is now back to his family. reach DR.AGBAZARA TEMPLE via email if you have any relationship problem at:

    ( agbazara@gmail.com )
    OR whatsapp or call him on +2348104102662

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...