Sunday, April 22, 2012

Chocolate Covered Cashew Day



(Google Image) 
By Diane Forrest

My dad loves nuts, he eats almonds and peanuts by the handful, but one of his favorites is cashews.  In fact, at Christmas, when I make my annual "trash" or chex mix, I put 2 cans of cashews in because people always pick them out first. Cashew nuts grow on trees that are related to mango and pistachio trees. They grow naturally in India and Brazil, as these trees thrive in hot and tropical climates. The cashew nut actually grows on the end of a fruit known as a cashew apple.

(Google Image)
Today is an extra special day.  Not only does it involve my favorite nut, but also chocolate…my favorite Everything!  Today is Chocolate covered Cashew Day.  I have been doing extensive research on this day, but didn't come up with much.  I did learn that Chocolate Covered Cashews are celebrated every April 21st, and I’m sure many other days too.  There are many different brands you can try; there are dark and milk chocolate varieties too.  If you can't find any locally, you can also make your own.  I found a few videos online giving instructions on how to make them, but you can simply melt some chocolate and pour it over your cashews, or either stir them in, even dunk them one at a time.  Lay them on wax paper and let them cool.

(Google Image) 
Take your time to celebrate Chocolate Covered Cashew Day by enjoying a few handfuls of these yummy treat.

(Google Image) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...