Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wear your Pajamas to Work Day



(Google Image) 

By Diane Forrest

Every year for Christmas my aunt would give me pajamas, well at least until I got married.  My favorite pair of pajamas was a two piece pink set.  The pants had footies, and the top had a faux fur collar.  I loved them and wish I could have worn them all the time.  If you feel that way about your pajamas, now is your chance to wear them all day long.  Today is Wear your Pajamas to work day.  This is an annual event that happens after have fun mailing your taxes day.  Of course I just made the fun part of taxes up.  But it does happen after tax day.  I guess the initiators of the day felt like since everyone had been working hard on their taxes, that they needed a day to be comfy.

(Google Image) 

Not only can you wear pj's to work, but they also wear them to school.  Several classes allow students to come in their bedtime attire.  Those of you with children already know how difficult it can be to get them dressed for school in the morning.  Today, you don't have to worry about it....as long as you can drag them out of bed, you are good to go.

(Google Image) 

There are a few rules to follow, such as making sure your attire is appropriate to be seen out in public, no see through negligees.  Also make sure you don’t have any important meetings scheduled for the day.  Fortunately for me, my boss lets me wear pj's to work every day, of course, I work at home, so nobody sees me anyway.

If you don't work at home, and want to wear your jammies today, go ahead; just don’t fall asleep at your desk.

(Google Image) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...