Monday, December 3, 2012

G 51 - BINGO!


Bingo Birthday Month

(Google Image) 
By Diane Forrest

(Google Image) 
 I was trying to catch up a little on my writing, so I could sneak in a few days for holiday things such as shopping, decorating and wrapping gifts.  So while I was doing a little work on Saturday, I saw my next article said Bing's Birthday month.  Well the boss was out of pocket, so I was thinking Bing, and the first thing that came to mind was Bing Crosby.  Then I thought, he passed away some time ago, and I couldn’t imagine celebrating his birth all month long, so my next thought was Bing Cherries.  I love cherries, and this month is certainly the month for Chocolate covered ones, but then I thought, how does a cherry have a birthday.



(Google Image) 

My next thought was BING, the search engine for the web, so I looked up the information on that, and discovered that it was launched in June, so we wouldn't be celebrating that now, so I was at a loss, I decided to check another site that listed holidays, and discovered it is BINGO's birthday month.  So...I guess it doesn’t pay to try to get ahead on some things.


(Google Image) 
This month is the "birth" of the game Bingo.  It is a fun game played by Children, and also grownups who take chances of winning prizes.  I remember the first time I ever won anything; I was playing bingo at the Elks Lodge.  They had all types of different games, but the game I won was the black out.  Each number had to be covered.  I won along with another contestant, so we split the prize and each got 15.00!

(Google Image) 
To celebrate bingo month, why not go to a local nursing home and assist with calling the numbers, or even play at a local church.  It’s a fun way to spend a few hours, and who knows, you may win 15 bucks too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...