Friday, February 15, 2013

Acts of Kindness


(Google Image)

By Diane Forrest

The other day I was in the checkout line at the store.  I only had 1 item, but there was only one person there to check out and the person in front of me had a whole buggy load full.  I wasn't in any hurry, but the person ahead of me let me go first, and that just made me so happy.  It’s so nice when someone does something simple to make your day better.
(Google Image)
Today is Random Acts of Kindness Day, and the website actsofkindness.org has several suggestions on tips you can do to make someone's day a little brighter.  Some of the suggestions they list include:

Clean up Graffiti
Donate used books to the library
Give the elderly the gift of music
Help a child learn
Help someone whose car is broken down
Help someone with yard work
Hold the door open for someone
Thank the fire and police department
Write a letter to someone who has helped you
Study with a classmate
(Google Image)
The list is endless.  You don't have to spend any money, and in some cases very little time.  So today, do something nice for someone else, it will return to you 10 fold!

(Google Image)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...