Monday, February 18, 2013

Chocolate Mint Day


(Google Image)

By Diane Forrest

Do you remember the commercial where someone is carrying a jar of peanut butter...and someone walking with a candy bar...and they run into each other and the candy falls in the jar, and the peanut butter gets on the chocolate...and they say...mmm this is good...and that’s how Reese’s peanut butter cups came to be.  Some things just go together.... like peanut butter and Jelly, mashed taters and gravy, and bacon lettuce and tomato.

One of my favorite combinations though is mint and chocolate.  This must be a day designed just for me!!  Its Chocolate Mint Day!  I have loved chocolate mints every since I had my first Andees candy when I was young.  I thought this must be what Heaven tastes like.  Then, I discovered mint chocolate chip ice cream.  I was in high school at the time; I grew up in a small town, so we didn’t have an ice cream parlor.  It wasn’t until we moved to the big city that I found that.  Now it’s the only ice cream I ever get. Sadly, we moved from the big city to a smaller city, and there is again no ice cream parlor, but....you can now buy it in the grocery stores!  So I get to treat myself every now and then. I found a new favorite last year at Christmas, Santa brought me some peppermint bark, its white chocolate candy with crush peppermints on top.  Little did I know that they only sold it during the holidays.  Fortunately for me, the Easter bunny had held back a bag, so I was able to enjoy it a little longer.  Another thing I discovered was Hershey's Mint truffle kisses!
(Google Image)
They are amazing, but they two are only found during Christmas.  I only got one small bag, the only one they had left, and I am still rationing them so I can enjoy them for as long as possible.

Wikihow.com has some suggestions on how to celebrate today.  They include:

Buy some mint chocolate truffles

Bake a mint chocolate cake

Fix a grasshopper martini or milkshake

Use some mint chocolate beauty products like foot cream

Have some mint chocolate chip ice cream at bedtime



(Google Image)

If you love mint and chocolate like I do, I'm sure you don’t need any suggestions on how to celebrate today, just be sure to save some for the rest of us!

1 comment:

  1. I like ALMOST anything combined with chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...