Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Quirky Country Music Titles



By Diane Forrest

Last year the winner of the country music video award went to Toby Keith.  The song was Red Solo Cup.  The entire video was devoted to singing the praises of a red plastic cup.  However, its a very catchy song, and I sing it in my head every time I see a red cup....Red Solo cup...I lift you up!  Lets have a Party!

I just can't seem to stop it.
Country music artists sing about everything, from giving beer to horses and since the phone still ain’t ringing, I guess its still not you.  According to punchbowl.com, country music evolved from Appalachian folk music in the 1920s and became a nationwide sensation in the 1940s. The Grand Ole Opry radio station in Nashville, Tennessee began broadcasting weekly concerts that showcased all the different genres of country music—hillbilly, honky-tonk, bluegrass, western, rockabilly, gospel, and more.

There are so many fun songs to choose from for the title of Most Quirky, here are a few:
  • ‘Dixie Rose Deluxe’s Honky-Tonk, Feed Store, Gun Shop, Used Car, Beer, Bait, BBQ, Barber Shop, Laundromat’
  • ‘Get Your Biscuits in the Oven and Your Buns in the Bed’
  • ‘If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body Would You Hold it Against Me’
  • ‘Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off’
  • ‘Did I Shave My Legs for This?’

The following list was shared last year on the Andrew Carter Talk show on Cjad:
  • She Got The Ring And I Got The Finger
  • Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth ‘Cause I’m Kissing You Goodbye
  • If I Can’t Be Number One In Your Life,
  • Then Number Two On You
  • You’re the Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly
  • Can’t Get Over You, So Why Don’t You Get Under Me?
  • All My Exes Live in Texas
  • If Love were Oil, I’d be a Quart Low
  • At the Gas Station of Love, I Got the Self-Service Pump
  • If You Can’t Live Without Me, Why Aren’t You Dead Yet?
  • I Don’t Know Whether To Kill Myself Or Go Bowling
  • There Ain’t Enough Room in my Fruit of the Looms
  • to Hold All My Lovin’ for You
  • It’s Hard to Kiss the Lips at Night
  • that Chew Your Ass Out All Day Long
  • I Still Miss You Baby, But My Aim’s Gettin’ Better

Of course you could spend days looking at all the song titles and watching funny video's.  Alan Jackson wrote a song about still loving bologna sandwiches, and made a really cute video too.

Today is Quirky Country Music Song Titles Day.  If you don't see one of your favorites listed...leave it in the comment section below, and then spend the day listening to some of your favorite country songs.  Cowboy hats or boots not required, but recommended.


(All images from Google) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...